My scholarship is 17500 and my HRA is 9000. But I live with my sister and brother-in-law in a house whose rent is paid by my brother-in-law and he demands it from his employer. But I have to use this HRA to cover my expenses. What can I do? I mean, there`s a way that I continue with my brother-in-law and sister, but I also resort to this HRA. Is it necessary to present all the contractual documents in order to benefit from this HRA with my employer? You must provide each month the necessary proof of rental for the rent between 3001 and 8333 per month. Each HRA rental receipt should have 1 rupee tax stamp with the owner`s signature. The standard lease is only concluded for 11 months. .